There are 12 new movie opening Friday. Four start everywhere and another eight are in limited release.
Nationwide – New Movies Opening Friday, September 30th:
Movie: 50/50 (R)
Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard & Anjelica Huston
Genre: Comedy Drama
Synopsis: Inspired by a true story about best friends whose lives are changed by a cancer diagnosis. It is the story of a guy’s transformative and sometimes funny journey to beating the disease and reminds us that friendship and love, no matter what bizarre turns they take, are the greatest healers.
First Thoughts: This actually looks really good.
Movie: Courageous (PG-13)
Starring: Alex Kendrick, Renee Jewell, Rusty Martin, Jr., Ken Bevel, Eleanor Brown, Robert Amaya & Angelita Nelson
Synopsis: Four law enforcement officers are confident and focused. They stand up to the worst the streets put in front of them. Yet at home, they face a challenge of fatherhood. They are always giving their best on the job, but not so much at home. Will they be able to find turn things around? After tragedy strikes, they set out to do better.
First Thoughts: It’s an inspirational message movie.
Movie: Dream House (PG-13)
Starring: Daniel Craig, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz, Elias Koteas & Marton Csokas
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Synopsis: A family moves into a home where several grisly murders took place and find they are next on the killer’s target list.
First Thoughts: Nice cast, but not my kind of movie.
Movie: What’s Your Number? (R)
Starring: Anna Faris, Chris Evans, Ari Graynor, Blythe Danner & Ed Begley, Jr.
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Synopsis: A woman begins to feel that she is a bit lost. Another romance has come to an end and she just got fired from her job to boot. She then comes across an article that states that 96% of women who have been with 20+ lovers are the least like to ever find a husband. So, set on proving the article wrong, she sets out to find her perfect mate from a list of all her ex-boyfriends.
First Thoughts: This actually looks like it might be decent.
Limited – New Movies Opening Friday, September 30th:
- American Teacher – Documentary about the U.S. educational system.
- Bunraku – Action fantasy drama starring Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Kevin McKidd, Ron Perlman & Demi Moore.
- Finding Joe – Documentary about Joseph Campbell and how to follow your bliss.
- Margaret – Psychological drama starring Anna Paquin, Matt Damon, Mark Ruffalo, Jean Reno & Matthew Broderick.
- Munger Road – Thriller about the search of for four missing teens the night before the town’s big festival.
- Sarah Palin: You Betcha! – Documentary.
- Take Shelter – Psychological drama about a man in Ohio the tries to protect his family after having visions of an impending disaster.
- Tucker & Dale vs Evil – Horror comedy starring Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk.
There are five new movies playing in my area this week. They are 50/50, Courageous, Dream House, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, and What’s Your Number?. Of the 12 new movies opening Friday, which are you looking forward to seeing this weekend?