Seattle International Film Festival 2013 started last night with Joss Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing, which was a lot of fun once you got used to the Shakespearian dialogue in a modern setting. But, things get fully underway as of tonight.
I’ve gone through and watched trailers for most of the movies playing over the 25 day festival and picked out the ones I am most interested in checking out. I’ve broken them into four groups: Opening Weekend (May 17th – 19th), Week One (May 20th – 26th), Week Two (May 27th – June 2nd) and Week Three (June 3rd – 9th) and will be posting about them at the beginning of each week.
My picks for Opening Weekend are Middleton, Stuck in Love, Frances Ha, Populaire and Byzantium.
SIFF 2013 Opening Weekend Picks
- Byznatium – Plays May 17th & 18th for people looking for something to Thrill Me! – Who doesn’t like a good vampire story?
- Frances Ha – Plays May 17th & 18th for people looking for something to Make Me Laugh – The synopsis makes this sound better than the trailer makes it look and the black and white filming doesn’t really do anything for me, but as I said it does sound interesting.
- Middleton – Plays May 17th & 19th for people looking for Love… – Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga fall for each other while taking their kids to visit the prestigious Middleton college. Really like Farmiga and that they filmed on various college campuses around the Seattle area.
- Populaire – Plays May 18th & 21st for people looking for something to Make Me Laugh – Not a big fan of having to read my movies, but do like a well done and fun period piece.
- Stuck in Love – Plays May 17th & 20th for people looking for Love… – It stars Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly and Kristen Bell.
What SIFF 2013 Opening Weekend movies are you looking forward to?