This Means War arrives on DVD and Blu-ray today. To celebrate the release we have partnered with @FoxHomeEnt to give New Movie Friday readers a chance to win a copy of the DVD. All you have to do is follow the easy instructions below, which pretty much amounts to answering a question in the comments on this post. Good Luck!
What is the Prize?
- One of two This Means War DVD sets – The world’s deadliest CIA operatives are inseparable partners and best friends until they fall for the same woman. Having once helped bring down entire enemy nations, they are now employing their incomparable skills and an endless array of high-tech gadgetry against their greatest nemesis – each other. Stars Academy Award® winner Reese Witherspoon (Walk the Line), Chris Pine (Star Trek) and Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises). Watch the trailer:
How Do I Enter?
Leave a comment on this post below answering the following:
- What is your favorite action rom-com and why? Choose from one of the five listed below or pick your own:
Bird on a Wire stars Goldie Hawn and Mel Gibson. A guy in the witness protection program encounters his former fiancée. After she accidentally blows his cover and the people after him arrive for a showdown, they must go on the run. Following a final fight in a zoo, a wounded he confesses his love for her, and they marry.
The Bounty Hunter stars Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. He is a bounty hunter who is hired to apprehend his wife, who has skipped out on her bond hearing in order to chase an important story. Both are being followed by criminals and are nearly killed in an entertaining game of cat and mouse. In the end, the couple admits their love for one another following a hilarious and action packed journey.
Knight and Day stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. He is a spy on the run, who bumps into her at an airport. Once aboard a flight together, she learns that the flight was filled with people wanting to capture or kill him and that he has, in turn, killed them all. Following this first encounter, he continues to rescue her from a series of action packed and daring escapes and shootouts.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie as a married couple that lead secret lives as assassins. When both of them are assigned to the same hit, they find out about the other’s profession and the assignment gets botched. They are then assigned to eliminate each other, but their love wins out and they decide to work together to fight for their lives.
Romancing the Stone stars Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. She is a romance novelist who travels to Colombia to rescue her sister from kidnappers who want a treasure map that she possesses. She ends up in the Colombian jungle and is pursued by the men who murdered her brother in law, but he saves her. An epic chase ensues with them trying to find the treasure first.
What Are the Rules?
- Limit one entry per person. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Must be 18 and a legal resident of the United States. Must include a valid name and email address, which we will only use to contact you, if your comment is selected as the winner. Odds of winning depend on number of legitimate entries. The use of automated devices to enter the giveaway is prohibited. There is no responsibility assumed by NewMovieFriday.com for lost or late entries, or any computer, online telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
- Each comment is time stamped and numbered. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT, Monday, June 4th, 2012. Two numbers will be drawn at random using the random integer generator at Random.org and the corresponding comments will be selected as the winner.
- The winners will be notified via email. Overzealous spam filters can sometimes eat the message, so please check your spam folder or come back to this page to see if you’ve won. You will have until Jun 7th, 2012 to respond. Once the winners have responded with his/her U.S. shipping address to claim their prize, the winner’s name and state will be added to this post. If you don’t respond in time, a new winner will be selected. Prizes lost, stolen, or damaged during shipping cannot be replaced and winners are responsible for any taxes resulting from the receipt of prizes. Any and all guarantees and warranties of prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to contact the prize manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
And the Winners Are
- #38 – Amber Porter of ???, ?? is the winner of a This Means War DVD.
- #32 – Joy F. of ???, ?? is the winner of a This Means War DVD.
Update 6.05.2012: Added winners’ information and sent email notifications.