Twelve new movies premiere Friday. Three open nationwide and another nine open on a limited basis.
Don’t forget to enter our The Iron Lady DVD giveaway.
Nationwide – New Movies Premiering Friday, April 20th:
Movie: Chimpanzee (G)
Starring: Tim Allen narrates.
Genre: Nature Documentary
Synopsis: Disneynature goes into the forests of Africa and introduces an adorable baby chimp named Oscar and his how he lives and his family. Oscar’s curiosity showcases the intelligence and ingenuity of some of the most extraordinary animals.
First Thoughts: These are beautifully shot and look interesting, but have no plans to go see it.
Movie: The Lucky One (PG-13)
Starring: Zac Efron, Taylor Schilling, Blythe Danner, Riley Thomas Stewart, Jay R. Ferguson & Adam Le Fevre
Synopsis: A U.S. Marine sergeant comes home after his third tour of duty in Iraq with the photograph of a woman he doesn’t know that he believes helped keep him alive. He finds the woman and goes to meet her and romance blooms.
First Thoughts: Another Nicolas Sparks book turned into a movie that I have no interest in seeing, especially at a theater.
Movie: Think Like a Man (PG-13)
Starring: Michael Ealy, Jerry Ferrara, Meagan Good, Regina Hall, Kevin Hart & Taraji P. Henson
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Synopsis: Four diverse men with interconnected lives have their lives shaken up after the ladies they are interested in buy a book by one of the guys and begin taking the advice inside. The guys realized that they have been letdown by one of their own and set out to uses some insider information to flip things around on the woman.
First Thoughts: Might be funny to see at some point.
Limited – New Movies Premiering Friday, April 20th:
- Darling Companion – Comedy drama starring Kevin Kline and Diane Keaton about a woman who rescues a dog and develops a close relationship with it because of the place she is in her life and her distracted husband.
- Fightville – Documentary about MMA fighting.
- Goodbye First Love – Romance drama about a fifteen-year-old girl and her first love.
- Hit So Hard – Documentary about Patty Schemel.
- Jesus Henry Christ – Comedy about a precocious 10-year-old and his search for his biological father.
- Marley – Documentary about Bob Marley.
- The Moth Diaries – Horror flick.
- My Way – Drama about a Korean and Japanese man the were rivals on the marathon runners circuit that end up on the same side in the Japanese Army fighting against the Chinese and the Soviets.
- To the Artic – Documentary about the Artic. Also available in 3-D and IMAX 3-D.
There are four new movies playing in my area this week. They are Chimpanzee, The Lucky One, One Love and Think Like a Man. Twelve new movies premiere Friday, what will you be going to see this weekend?