Nine new movies premiere Friday. Two start everywhere and another seven are in limited release. I got behind and missed last week, but it looks like I’ve got things back on track to get these posts out early in the week once again.
Nationwide – New Movies Premiere Friday, November 18th:
Movie: Happy Feet Two (PG)
Starring: Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Alecia Moore & Hank Azaria
Genre: Animated Family Comedy
Synopsis: A penguin runs away from home and comes across a penguin that can fly. His father can’t compete with his son’s new role model. Then one day powerful forces are threatening the world and the son gets to see what his father is really like, as he rallies all creatures to restore things to how they should be once again.
First Thoughts: Never seen the first one, so don’t plan on seeing this one. Yet, I’m sure the little ones will enjoy it. It will also be released in 3-D and IMAX 3-D.
Movie: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 (PG-13)
Starring: Taylor Lautner, Gil Birmingham, Billy Burke, Sarah Clarke, Ty Olsson, Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed & Robert Pattinson
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Synopsis: It’s wedding time for Bella and Edward. Bella decides that she wants to still be human for their honeymoon. When Jacob learns of this, he is scared for his friend. Edward could easily lose control in such a circumstance and kill Bella. She does survive, but ends up pregnant with a baby that is growing at an accelerated pace. This pregnancy sets the wolves against the vampires, but Jacob decides to protect his friend.
First Thoughts: Could not care less, but will once again be compelled to go see it. Sadly, you can’t properly mock it without doing so.
Limited – Movies Opening This Week:
- The Descendants – Drama starring George Clooney as a father trying to help his young daughters cope with a tragic accident involving their mother as he attempts to find a way to cope himself. Starts Wednesday the 16th.
- Tomboy – French drama about a young girl that pretends to be a boy after her family moves to a new town for the summer. Starts Wednesday the 16th.
- Another Happy Day – Comedy drama starring Ellen Barkin, Kate Bosworth, Ellen Burstyn and Demi Moore that revolves around a mother on the outs with her family returning home for her oldest son’s wedding along with her three younger children.
- Garbo: The Spy – Documentary about World War II double agent Juan Pujol success in diverting German forces to Calais while Allied troops land at the beaches of Normandy.
- The Lie – Drama about a young idealist couple that has their life turned upside down by an unplanned baby. As disappointments mount, one of them calls in sick needing some time off to reevaluate his life, but his boss tells him he is fired if he doesn’t report to work, so he panics and tells a shocking lie to justify his absence. But, once the lie is out there, he can’t take it back. How long can he keep things from blowing up in his face so he can figure out who he is, what he wants, and just maybe, what it means to be a father?
- Rid of Me – Black comedy about a woman trying to hard to perfect her marriage that ends up on a completely different path after things don’t go as she had hoped.
- Tyrannosaur – Drama about an angry alcoholic that finds some peace with a devout woman that is abused by her husband.
There are two new movies playing in my area this week. They are Happy Feet Two and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1. Nine new movies premiere Friday, which ones are you most looking forward to watching?