There are 12 movies releasing this Friday. Three open everywhere and another nine are in limited release.
Also, don’t forget to enter our The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader DVD giveaway.
Releasing Nationwide on Friday, April 1st:
Movie: Hop (PG)
Starring: James Marsden, Russell Brand, Kaley Cuoco, Hank Azaria, Gary Cole & Elizabeth Perkins
Genre: Family Comedy
Synopsis: The son of the Easter Bunny takes off to pursue his dreams on the night before he is to take over the family business. He ends up being taken in by a slacker with dreams of his own, but is the worst houseguest. Meanwhile, a chick back on Easter Island has been plotting to take over and now he has his chance. Everything leads to a big showdown to save Easter.
First Thoughts: I’m sure the little ones will like it, much like the Chipmunks movies.
Movie: Insidious (PG-13)
Starring: Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Ty Simpkins & Barbara Hershey
Synopsis: A comatose child is being lured into the realm of evil spirits known as The Further and his family is trying to keep it from happening.
First Thoughts: Hadn’t even heard anything about this one until a couple days ago, but it’s just not my cup of tea.
Movie: Source Code (PG-13)
Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Monaghan, Vera Farmiga & Jeffrey Wright
Genre: Sci-Fi Action Thriller
Synopsis: A top soldier is sent on a mission to find a bomber on a train. He will be sent into the body of someone on the train for the last 8 minutes of their life, in an attempt to figure out who is responsible and prevent a future and much larger attack on the city of Chicago. He keeps reliving the incident over and over, hoping to finally gather the clue that will stop the mystery bomber.
First Thoughts: This is my type of movie and I can’t wait to go see it on Friday.
Opening in Limited Release
- Cat Run – Action comedy starring Paz Vega about a high-end escort that goes on the run after coming across a government cover-up and the two bumbling detectives that try to protect her.
- Circo – The Mexican owners of a traveling circus try to keep the door open in the wake of dwindling audiences and growing debt.
- In a Better World – Disturbing drama about two young boys in London that become friends after one saves the other from bullies, but then wants to plan a revenge that could be deadly.
- The Last Godfather – Period crime comedy starring Harvey Keitel about a mob boss training his mentally challenge son to takeover the family business.
- Queen to Play – French comedy drama starring Kevin Kline about a chambermaid that learns she has a talent for chess and her secret tutoring by an American doctor played by Kline.
- Rubber – Black horror comedy about a tire that goes on a murderous rampage.
- Super – Superhero comedy starring Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page about a guy that becomes a pretend superhero after watching his wife be taken in by a drug dealer’s charming ways.
- Trust – Psychological drama starring Clive Owen and Catherine Keener about a father trying to deal with the knowledge that his 14-year-old daughter was sexually assaulted by someone she met online.
- Wrecked – Psychological thriller starring Adrien Brody about a man that wakes up at the bottom of a cliff in a car and has no memory of how he got there.
There are four new movies playing in my area this week. They are Hop, Insidious, The Last Godfather, and Source Code. What new release will you be seeing this Friday?