Seven new movies release this Friday. One opens everywhere and another six are in limited release.
Nationwide – New Movie Release This Friday, May 20th:
Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (PG-13)
Starring: Johnny Depp, Penélope Cruz, Geoffrey Rush & Ian McShane
Synopsis: Captain Jack Sparrow is back and not sure whether he is being conned by the lovely con artist he has crossed paths with, as she is trying to find the Fountain of Youth and needs his help. He ends up on a ship with Blackbeard and on a dangerous journey where he doesn’t know who to trust of fear more.
First Thoughts: Well, the tides couldn’t be much stranger than they were in the second and third installments. Hopefully, this comes in somewhere closer to the first one than to either of those. It’s also available in 3D and IMAX 3D for those looking to waste a few extra bucks at the theater this weekend.
Limited – New Movies Release This Friday, May 20th:
- 35 & Ticking – Romantic comedy about a group of thirty-somethings trying to figure out love as they try to cope with getting older.
- A Beautiful Life – Psychological drama about a runaway in Los Angeles and the people she meets along the way.
- Bloodworth – Drama starring Kris Kristofferson, Frances Conroy, Val Kilmer, Hilary Duff and many others about a man trying to reconcile with the family he left some forty years ago for a life on the road.
- Cost of a Soul – Drama about two young men return from Iraq to the crime ridden streets they joined the military to get away from.
- Louder Than a Bomb – The story of four teams from Chicago area high schools as they prepare to compete in the world’s largest youth poetry slam. Opens Wednesday, May 18th.
- Midnight in Paris – Romantic comedy starring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams and directed by Woody Allen about a young couple that confront the idea that a life different from their own might be better.
There is one new movie playing in my area this week. It is Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Seven new movies release this Friday, which ones will you be going to see?