There are eight movies opening this week. Two are opening everywhere and six more open on a limited basis.
Opening Nationwide on Friday, April 23rd:
Movie: The Back-up Plan (PG-13)
Starring: Jennifer Lopez, Alex O’Loughlin, Eric Christian Olsen, Anthony Anderson & Linda Lavin
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Synopsis: A woman that can’t seem to find “the one” decides to jump ahead to the next step and get pregnant. It just so happens that on the same day she goes ahead with that plan, she meets a guy that has potential. She tries to see if there is really anything there, while also keeping the fact that she is newly pregnant from him. Can this out of order relationship survive?
First Thoughts: The premise sounds interesting, but also sounds like it can’t support an entire movie.
Movie: The Losers (PG-13)
Starring: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Chris Evans, Jason Patric, Zoe Saldana & Idris Elba
Genre: Action Thriller
Synopsis: An elite group of commandos are betrayed while on a mission to Bolivia. They are presumed dead, but a mysterious operative finds them and offers them the opportunity to get the person responsible for the betrayal and get their lives back.
First Thoughts: I like a lot of the cast and it looks like a fun ride. It’s based on DC’s Vertigo comic of the same name.
Movies in Limited Release:
- Cheech & Chong’s Hey Watch This – Documentary film of their very successful reunion comedy tour.
- Best Worst Movie – The story of the Alabama dentist-turned-cult movie icon and the Italian filmmaker and the genuine, internationally revered cinematic failure they were apart of.
- The Good, the Bad, the Weird – A bounty hunter, a bandit leader and a train robber deal with a group of outlaws and the Japanese army while trying to find a treasure map in 1930s Manchuria.
- Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D – Concert film that shows the country star on tour in Pittsburgh, Seattle and other places.
- Oceans – Disneynature series chronicling and the exploring the mysteries of the ocean.
- Paper Man – Psychological comedy drama starring Jeff Daniels, Ryan Reynolds about the unlikely friendship between an older failed novelist and a young woman suffering from a family tragedy.
For New Movie Friday there are four new movies to choose from this week. They are The Back-up Plan, Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D, The Losers, and Oceans. What new movie looks good to you this week?