This week, we still don’t get a whole lot to choose from, as there are eight new movies being released, but only one opens nationwide and the rest are in limited release.
Opening Nationwide on Friday, December 7th:
Movie: The Golden Compass (PG-13) (Read Review)
Starring: Nicole Kidman, Dakota Blue Richards, Daniel Craig, Sam Elliott & Eva Green
Genre: Adventure Fantasy
Synopsis: An orphan girl that happily plays with local boys and terrorizes professors at a college hears about a plot against her uncle and sets out to find what is going on with a mysterious substance and a frightening world of possibilities. Based on Book One of the His Dark Materials Trilogy.
First Thoughts: Once again this is the only real choice this weekend. Am really looking forward to the next couple of weeks with I Am Legend and the second National Treasure.
Movie in Limited Release:
- The Amateurs – A sex comedy starring Jeff Bridges, Ted Danson, William Fichtner, Patrick Fugit and Lauren Graham about a guy that decides that the path to riches is to enter the multi-million dollar porn industry and produce and shoot a film of his own with the help of his friends.
- Atonement – A romance drama starring James McAvoy, Keira Knightley and Vanessa Redgrave set in the 1930s.
- Dirty Laundry – A comedy starring Rockmond Dunbar and Loretta Devine about a closeted gay man that returns home to visit his mother a finds out that he has a son.
- Grace is Gone – A psychological drama starring John Cusack about a family man dealing with the loss of his military wife.
- Juno – A comedy drama starring Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner, Allison Janney and J.K. Simmons about a smart young woman dealing with an unplanned pregnancy. Opens today, December 5th.
- Looking for Cheyenne – A comedy drama two women that want to be together, but their lifestyles keep them apart.
- Tony ‘n’ Tina’s Wedding – A comedy farce starring Joey McIntyre, Mila Kunis and Krista Allen about a couple that wishes they had eloped after their bickering families threaten to completely ruin the carefully planned event. Opens today, December 5th.
For New Movie Friday there are two new movies this week to choose from. They are Atonement and The Golden Compass. What new movie will you be heading out to see this weekend?