Eleven new movies start Friday. Two open nationwide and another nine open on a limited basis.
Nationwide – New Movies Starting Friday, March 2nd:
Movie: Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax (PG)
Starring: Danny DeVito, Ed Helms, Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Betty White & Rob Riggle
Synopsis: A 12-year-old boy goes on a search for a special something that will help him impress the girl of his dreams. He has to discover the story of the Lorax to complete his journey.
First Thoughts: Kids will probably enjoy it, but I have no desire to see it.
Movie: Project X (R)
Starring: Thomas Mann, Oliver Cooper, Jonathan Daniel Brown, Dax Flame, Alexis Knapp & Kirby Bliss Blanton
Genre: Teen Comedy
Synopsis: Three anonymous high-school seniors decide to make their mark by throwing a party that no one will ever forget.
First Thoughts: This looks ridiculous. Will probably see it at some point. Check out a video interview with stars Kirby Bliss Blanton and Alexis Knapp over at The MacGuffin.
Limited – New Movies That Start Friday, March 2nd:
- Being Flynn – Comedy drama starring Robert DeNiro and Julianne Moore about a young writer that has been estranged from his father for 18 years and what happens when they reconnect.
- Black Butterflies – Drama about poet Ingrid Jonker, who grew up during the height of apartheid in South Africa, as she searches for love and a new home.
- Boy – Comedy about a young boy in New Zealand youth that learns his father is nowhere near the heroic adventurer he had imagined.
- Last Days Here – Musical biography about Bobby Liebling, the lead singer of the rock band Pentagram, and his battles with drug addiction and personal demons.
- Let the Bullets Fly – Action comedy starring Chow Yun-Fat about Robin Hood type in 1920s China.
- London Paris New York – Romantic comedy about a middle class south Indian girl from Chembur (an eastern suburb in Mumbai) who is on her way to New York to study politics with full scholarship and a Punjabi rich kid from Bandra (a posh western suburb of Mumbai) who is going to study Filmmaking in London on 100% dad’s money. They decide to hangout together one evening in London and find that they are completely drawn to each other..
- The Salt of Life – Comedy.
- Snowtown – Dramatic suspense thriller.
- Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie – Comedy about two guys that were given a billion dollars to make a movie, but blow every penny. The Schlaaang corporation wants their money back. With their lives in danger, they take off in search of a way to pay back the money.
There are three new movies playing in my area this week. They are Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, Project X, and Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie. Eleven new movies start Friday, which will you be watching this weekend?