There are seven movies opening this week, one everywhere and six others are in limited release.
Opening Nationwide on Friday, March 6th:
Movie: Watchmen (R)
Starring: Billy Crudup, Malin Akerman, Jackie Earle Haley & Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Genre: Action Sci-Fi
Synopsis: In an alternate universe in the year 1985, America and Russia are headed for nuclear war and things are totally unstable. Superheroes have gone into retirement because of government legislation. But, when it looks as though someone has killed The Comedian, another former hero, Rorschach takes an interest and begins looking into things.
First Thoughts: I’ve never been big into comic books or graphic novels and had never heard of Watchmen until it was announced as a movie. Have never read the comic it is based on, so it will be interesting to see what I think of the movie, since I have no attachment to the characters like a Batman or a Spider-Man. Also, it’s available in IMAX.
Movies in Limited Release:
- 12 – A Russian courtroom drama with English subtitles.
- 13B – A Hindi thriller with English subtitles.
- Everlasting Moments – Period drama about a woman in the early 20th century that wins a camera in a lottery, an event that changes her life and allows her to see things in a new light.
- Phoebe in Wonderland – Psychological drama starring Elle Fanning, Felicity Huffman, and Bill Pulman.
- Sherman’s Way – An art house film about two people that get put together on a road trip and end up on a trip of self discovery.
- Tokyo! – Three bizarre tales set in Tokyo, Japan.
For New Movie Friday there are two new movies to choose from this week. They are Phoebe in Wonderland and Watchmen. What new movie looks good to you this week?