This Means War arrives on DVD and Blu-ray today. To celebrate the release we have partnered with @FoxHomeEnt to give New Movie Friday readers a chance to win a copy of the DVD. All you have to do is follow the easy instructions below, which pretty much amounts to answering a question in the comments on this post. Good Luck!
What is the Prize?
- One of two This Means War DVD sets – The world’s deadliest CIA operatives are inseparable partners and best friends until they fall for the same woman. Having once helped bring down entire enemy nations, they are now employing their incomparable skills and an endless array of high-tech gadgetry against their greatest nemesis – each other. Stars Academy Award® winner Reese Witherspoon (Walk the Line), Chris Pine (Star Trek) and Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises). Watch the trailer:
How Do I Enter?
Leave a comment on this post below answering the following:
- What is your favorite action rom-com and why? Choose from one of the five listed below or pick your own:
Bird on a Wire stars Goldie Hawn and Mel Gibson. A guy in the witness protection program encounters his former fiancée. After she accidentally blows his cover and the people after him arrive for a showdown, they must go on the run. Following a final fight in a zoo, a wounded he confesses his love for her, and they marry.
The Bounty Hunter stars Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler. He is a bounty hunter who is hired to apprehend his wife, who has skipped out on her bond hearing in order to chase an important story. Both are being followed by criminals and are nearly killed in an entertaining game of cat and mouse. In the end, the couple admits their love for one another following a hilarious and action packed journey.
Knight and Day stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. He is a spy on the run, who bumps into her at an airport. Once aboard a flight together, she learns that the flight was filled with people wanting to capture or kill him and that he has, in turn, killed them all. Following this first encounter, he continues to rescue her from a series of action packed and daring escapes and shootouts.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie as a married couple that lead secret lives as assassins. When both of them are assigned to the same hit, they find out about the other’s profession and the assignment gets botched. They are then assigned to eliminate each other, but their love wins out and they decide to work together to fight for their lives.
Romancing the Stone stars Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. She is a romance novelist who travels to Colombia to rescue her sister from kidnappers who want a treasure map that she possesses. She ends up in the Colombian jungle and is pursued by the men who murdered her brother in law, but he saves her. An epic chase ensues with them trying to find the treasure first.
What Are the Rules?
- Limit one entry per person. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Must be 18 and a legal resident of the United States. Must include a valid name and email address, which we will only use to contact you, if your comment is selected as the winner. Odds of winning depend on number of legitimate entries. The use of automated devices to enter the giveaway is prohibited. There is no responsibility assumed by NewMovieFriday.com for lost or late entries, or any computer, online telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
- Each comment is time stamped and numbered. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT, Monday, June 4th, 2012. Two numbers will be drawn at random using the random integer generator at Random.org and the corresponding comments will be selected as the winner.
- The winners will be notified via email. Overzealous spam filters can sometimes eat the message, so please check your spam folder or come back to this page to see if you’ve won. You will have until Jun 7th, 2012 to respond. Once the winners have responded with his/her U.S. shipping address to claim their prize, the winner’s name and state will be added to this post. If you don’t respond in time, a new winner will be selected. Prizes lost, stolen, or damaged during shipping cannot be replaced and winners are responsible for any taxes resulting from the receipt of prizes. Any and all guarantees and warranties of prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to contact the prize manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
And the Winners Are
- #38 – Amber Porter of ???, ?? is the winner of a This Means War DVD.
- #32 – Joy F. of ???, ?? is the winner of a This Means War DVD.
Update 6.05.2012: Added winners’ information and sent email notifications.
Comments on this entry are closed.
Grosse Pointe Blank , cause the lead has no real intention of wanting to fall back in love or to go through with the actual job either. So he goes as a form of self help and his psychiatrist is more then happy to be rid of him. Its a great flic with crazy action and actor interaction. And a super cool sound track as well.
Wow, those are some stinkers listed to choose from. The only decent one is Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
My choice would be Harold & Maude. A classic from 1971, it covers the May/December romance in an…interesting way. Great action sequences (the tree tied to the El Camino after being liberated & the chase by the motorcycle cop is hilarious.) It’s not an action film in the traditional sense but it’s one of my faves.
From up above, I very much enjoyed the manic energy of Knight and Day. I thought that Tom Cruise was good in it, and it was a neat little action-comedy. Overall, however, I loved True Lies, with Arnie. It had amazing action sequences (like on the bridge), some killer dialogue (“Did you ever kill anyone?” “Yes, but they were all bad.”) and great chemistry between its two leads.
Oh! I really liked The Bounty Hunter, because I’m a huge fan of Gerard Butler.
My favorite is Mr. and Mrs. Smith because of the amazing chemistry between Brad and Angelina. I mean come on, this is how they met! They play off each other so well throughout the entire movie and I love how they play the whole suburb angle and how they try to fit into their neighborhood.
Bird on a Wire because I love love love Goldie Hawn! She was so funny!!
Knight and Day because Tom Cruise is amazing.
What? So far, no one has mentioned Romancing The Stone. Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, and Danny Devito really brought the comedy and suspense together in this film. Obviously the writers tried to repeat the success with “Jewel of the Nile”, which ended up being a flop of a sequel. In Romancing The Stone, I especially liked the scenes of the ‘Lil’ Mule. If you don’t know what i’m talking about, rent the movie. I’ve seen it several times.
I like Mr & Mrs. Smith. It was engaging, not to mention that Brad & Angelina had plenty of chemistry.
Mr and Mrs Smith. I like the chemistry they have. Bird on a wire is good, too.
Harold and Maude is programming for pedos.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith is my favorite because the action scenes are great and Brad & Angelina have such great chemistry!
Mine is Romancing the Stone because it’s just such a classic, and Michael Douglas in the 80’s was fab! Thank you for the lovely giveaway!
busymom369 at gmail dot com
My favorite would be Romancing the stone,Douglas and Turner had great chemistry together!
Romancing the Stone, it was very Indiana Jones-like
I would have to pick Romancing the Stone. I really like Michael Douglas and this is an older movie, but a good one!
The only one I watched was Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It was a good movie.
Romancing the Stone, I liked the movie
“Killers” ; I like Ashton’s Kutchers!
mr & mrs smith, great characters and fun story!
Bird on a wire because they are great !
I loved Mr. and Mrs.Smithe. Angelina & Brad have a great chemistry in this movie… was funny, romantic and action-pacted all in one!
I like Bird on a Wire because it always makes me laugh!
I love the Romancing the Stone series, they had great chemistry and it was funny. True Lies is an excellent one. The scene with Jamie Lee Curtis dancing and then Arnold dropped the tape player was hilarious. I also really love Crocodile Dundee–if you can count that as romance?
Romancing the Stoen great chemestry
I will pick Knight and Day. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
I loved the bounty hunter because gerald butler is soo dreamy.
I love Mr and Mrs Smith, I own it!
mr and mrs smith bse it was a genuinely good movie
Bird on a Wire is my favorite. I have seen that one so many times!
I really liked Mr and Mrs Smith.
Romancing the Stone is my pick! I love the action and the way they interacted was hilarious. I love those archaeological type movies. That and they were believable- at least to me but then I am a romantic at heart. Oh and I should mention Michael Douglas melted my heart in this one.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith because they are both great action stars and gorgeous to look at.
I loved Romancing the Stone, i must have rented it 50 times from 7-11 when i was about 10!
Mr. & Mrs. Smith because I read that the stars fell in love while it was being filmed
I really liked the Bounty Hunter because it was hysterical and the actors were great, but this means war def beat that out!
Mr. & Mr.s Smith was pretty great because it was action packed and they worked well together.
mr and mrs smith
Romancing the Stone is a classic, I like it because my husband likes to watch it and it’s not a western that he so loves.
The Bounty Hunter was my favorite. I always love Jennifer Anniston movies, they just suck me right in.
The Ugly Truth – I love Gerard Butler and it is so hilarious.
I loved The Bounty Hunter!!
Grosse Pointe Blank.
I love Romancing the Stone. It’s a classic!
I’d go with Juno. I have a thing for Ellen Page
I would choose Knight and Day because I like TOm Cruise
i like Mister and Mrs. Smith. I liked all the action and how the suspense kept me entertained
My favorite is Romancing the Stone because it’s classic
Romancing The Stone because I loved that movie!
Romancing the Stone, My whole family love that movie!
My favorite is The Princess Bride.
This giveaway is closed with 51 entries. Thanks to all who entered and Good Luck.