This week, at a theater near you, there are eight new movies being released. Three open wide and another five are in limited release.
Opening Nationwide on Friday, October 5th:
Movie: Feel the Noise (PG-13)
Starring: Omari Grandberry, Zulay Henao, James McCaffrey, Malik Yoba & Giancarlo Esposito
Genre: Musical Drama
Synopsis: A rapper gets in trouble and gets sent to live in Puerto Rico with is father. He meets up with his stepbrother and others and is immersed in the world of Reggaeton. They start getting known for their take on the genre and catch the eye of a promoter from New York, but he may have an ulterior motive.
First Thoughts: Produced by Jennifer Lopez. Not too interested in another dancing and singing/rapping movie.
Movie: The Heartbreak Kid (R) (Read Review)
Starring: Ben Stiller, Michelle Monaghan, Jerry Stiller Malin Ackerman & Rob Corddry
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Synopsis: A guy who never seems to be able to commit, meets a beautiful woman and after a short period of time proposes and gets married. He then finds out on his honeymoon that the woman he thought he was marrying is actually a hideous shrew of a woman. He then meets another woman while on his honeymoon that he becomes convinced is his true soulmate. He attempts to woo her while getting rid of his wife, but finds it to be extremely difficult.
First Thoughts: It looks like an attempt by the Farrelly brothers to recapture that There’s Something About Mary vibe. It looks like it could be funny, at any rate, it couldn’t be worse than the catastrophe that was Good Luck Chuck from a couple of weeks ago.
Movie: The Seeker: The Dark is Rising (PG)
Starring: Alexander Ludwig, Ian McShane, Frances Conroy, Christopher Eccleston & Gregory Smith
Genre: Fantasy Adventure.
Synopsis: A young boy of 11 finds out that he is the only remaining part of an immortal group of warriors that have been defending Earth from evil for all time.
First Thoughts: Looks like it might be a fun little adventure, especially for the younger set.
Movies in Limited Release:
- Finishing the Game – Comedy martial arts movie about completing the film that was in the middle of being filmed when the star Bruce Lee died.
- The Good Night – Romantic comedy with Penélope Cruz, Martin Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Simon Pegg and Danny DeVito about a guy who finds the woman of his dreams, in his dreams.
- Lake of Fire – Documentary about abortion, which includes interviews from both extremes on the issue. Graphic photos of the procedure try to show what is at stake from both a physical and psychological reality.
- Michael Clayton – Legal thriller with George Clooney, Tom Wilkinson, Tilda Swinton, Sydney Pollack and Michael O’Keefe. Unfortunately, this doesn’t open up here in Seattle until next week.
- My Kid Could Paint That – Biography art film about 4-year-old painter and the controversy that surround her paintings regarding whether her or her father did them.
Expanding to more theaters this week are Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Darjeeling Limited, The Jane Austen Book Club and Lust, Caution.
For New Movie Friday there are three new movies at a theater near me this week to choose from. They are Feel the Noise, The Heartbreak Kid and The Seeker: The Dark is Rising. What new movie will you be heading out to see this weekend?