There are 10 new movies releases for Friday. Two open everywhere and another eight are in limited release.
Nationwide – New Movie Releases for Friday, July 8th:
Movie: Horrible Bosses (R)
Starring: Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, Charlie Day, Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx & Colin Farrell
Synopsis: Three guys that can’t stand their bosses, wish they could do something about their situations. They can’t quit their jobs. So, one night after a little too much to drink they devise a plan to get rid of their bosses permanently. Their plan turns out not to be as foolproof as they had thought.
First Thoughts: It looks funny and the cast is flippin’ fantastic. I look forward to seeing this on Friday.
Movie: Zookeeper (PG)
Starring: Kevin James, Rosario Dawson, Leslie Bibb, Ken Jeong & Donnie Wahlberg
Synopsis: A long-time zookeeper thinks that the only way to get back the woman of his dreams is if he quits his job and pursues something else. When the zoo animals learn of his plans, they decide to break their rule of not talking to humans and help him out with his problem. They set out to help him get the girl and stay at the zoo.
First Thoughts: It looks like Night at the Museum with animals instead of historical figures. There was one thing in the trailer that really made me laugh, but normally wouldn’t go see this type of movie at the theater. Yet, am seeing it tonight and will have a full review later this week.
Limited – New Movie Releases for Friday, July 8th:
- Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest – Documentary that takes you behind the scenes of what caused this group to disband and stay apart.
- The Chameleon – Based on the true story of Frédéric Bourdin that is chronicled in the novel of the same name by Christophe D’Antonio.
- Fading of the Cries – Fantasy adventure about a swordsman that saves a young girl whose small town is being invade by demonic creatures.
- Ironclad – An ultra-violent action thriller based on the true story of a medieval group of tested warriors that were able to survive many brutal and bloody months battle to save their country.
- The Ledge – Psychological thriller starring Charlie Hunnam (TV’s Sons of Anarchy), Terrence Howard and Liv Tyler about a husband that takes the guy up to the roof of a building and tells his wife’s lover to jump or he will kill her instead. His choice.
- Project Nim – Documentary about some people that raised a chimp like a human baby.
- Ranchero – Psychological drama about a former ranch hand dealing with drug addiction and the problems he runs into with a gangster in Los Angeles.
- The Ward – Supernatural horror flick starring Amber Heard and directed by John Carpenter about a patient at a mental institution that can’t get anyone to believer her that a dead patient is stalking the halls of the facility.
There are two new movies playing in my area this week. They are Horrible Bosses and Zookeeper. Of the 10 new movie releases for Friday, what might you be seeing this weekend?