There are 11 new movies starting Friday. Two are opening nationwide and nine are in limited release.
Nationwide – New Movies Starting Friday, December 9th:
Movie: New Year’s Eve (PG-13)
Starring: Halle Berry, Jessica Biel, Jon Bon Jovi, Abigail Breslin, Robert De Niro & many others.
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Synopsis: Intertwining stories of love, hope, forgiveness, second chances and fresh starts in New York City on New Year’s Eve.
First Thoughts: If you like movies like Valentine’s Day then you may enjoy this one.
Movie: The Sitter (R)
Starring: Jonah Hill, Sam Rockwell, Ari Graynor & Max Records
Synopsis: A college guy that is on suspension from school gets talked into babysitting the kids next door and is completely unprepared for what goes down.
First Thoughts: I haven’t seen this, but I’m darn sure that you’d be better off just renting Adventures in Babysitting. Just watch the trailer below and I think you’ll agree.
Limited – New Movies Starting Friday, December 9th, 2011:
- Catch .44 – Suspense thriller starring Forest Whitaker, Bruce Willis and Malin Akerman about three female assassins that get lured into a bizarre situation by their boss.
- I Melt With You – Suspense thriller starring Thomas Jane, Jeremy Piven, Rob Lowe and Carla Gugino about three college friends that meet one weekend a year.
- In Darkness – A sewer worker in occupied Poland begins hiding Jews looking to escape the Germans in exchange for money.
- Knuckle – Documentary about feuding Irish families that are part of a the Travelers, a nomadic clan that settles disputes with bare knuckle brawling.
- Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl – A suave charming con-man takes money form three different women, but to them he is three different guys.
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy – Spy film starring Gary Oldman, Colin Firth and Tom Hardy about the search for a mole in the British intelligence community that is giving secrets to the Russians in the 1970s.
- W.E. – Romance drama about a woman in 1998 Manhattan that comes to terms with her life after becoming transfixed with the lives of the Windsors as their estate is about to be auctioned.
- We Need to Talk About Kevin – Suspense thriller starring Tilda Swinton and John C. Reilly about about a mother dealing with her malevolent son over the course of 15 years.
- Young Adult – Comedy drama starring Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt and Patrick Wilson about a successful writer that returns to her hometown to relive her glory days by stealing away her now married high school sweetheart.
There are two new movies playing in my area this week. They are New Year’s Eve and The Sitter. There are 11 new movies starting Friday, are you looking forward to seeing any of them?