There are 11 movies starting this Friday. Three open everywhere and another eight are in limited release. It’s a weird week, as I actually want to see all three of the wide releases.
Opening Nationwide on Friday, March 18th:
Movie: Limitless (PG-13)
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro, Abbie Cornish, Anna Friel & Tomas Arana
Genre: Sci-Fi Thriller
Synopsis: A writer convinced his life is over after his girlfriend rejects him and the prospect of his unemployment until he runs into an old friend that offers him a solution. A new drug called MDT enhances your mental abilities and hopped up on it he finishes his book and quickly moves to the top of the financial world. This starts to attract lots of attention, including a tycoon that wants to use him to increase his wealth. But, side effects begin to appear and his supply begins to dry up, which means it could all be over as quickly as it started.
First Thoughts: I’ve been looking forward to this one ever since I first saw the trailer.
Movie: The Lincoln Lawyer (R)
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe, William H. Macy & Michael Peña
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Synopsis: A lawyer that does his business out of the back of his Lincoln takes on what appears to be a pretty straightforward case involving a high-profile client from Beverly Hills. But, things turn deadly as the case devolves into a match between two master manipulators.
First Thoughts: I think the trailer is a bit too spoilerly, but it looks really good and the cast is freaking phenomenal.
Movie: Paul (R)
Starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Seth Rogen, Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Blythe Danner, John Carroll Lynch & Sigourney Weaver
Genre: Sci-Fi Comedy
Synopsis: A couple of sci-fi comic book geeks head out on a trip to visit Area 51 and end up coming across an alien trying to escape his government captors. They takes off with him and the adventure that follows will change their lives forever.
First Thoughts: While obviously trailers are inherently deceiving, it does look funny. Hope all the good stuff isn’t in the trailer.
Opening in Limited Release
- The Mucic Never Stopped – Family drama about a son that ran away and 20 years later his parents learn he is in the hospital with a brain tumor and only seems to respond to the world when listening to music.
- Alabama Moon – Foriegn drama about a boy that grew up in the forrest trying to live in the modern world.
- The Butcher, the Chef, and the Swordsman – Action comedy about a group that gets mixed up with a meat clever that was made from five samurai swords.
- Cracks – Psychological drama about a group of girls on the swim team at an all girls school that are the envy of the rest of the student body and their teacher/coach after a new girl joins the team.
- Desert Flower – Drama about a woman that escapes the horrors of Somalia and the attempt by a photographer and agent in London to turn her into a model.
- Lord of the Dance 3D – It’s just what it sounds like. Only being released for one week.
- Win Win – Sports comedy drama about a lawyer that sees a way to make an easy buck until by taking care of an old man and pocketing his monthly check, which works out until the man’s grandson arrives. Things look up again when he learns of the boy’s wrestling abilities and puts him on the team he coaches.
- Winter in Wartime – Period drama about a boy that joins the resistance in WWII and finds out the difference between reality and fantasy.
There are five new movies playing in my area this week. They are The Butcher, the Chef, and the Swordsman, Limitless, The Lincoln Lawyer, Lord of the Dance 3D, and Paul. Anything look good to you at the movies this weekend?
lots of Movies . I hope The Movie that you want to see is good. You did a good Job.