There are eight movies starting this Friday. Two open everywhere and another six are in limited release.
Opening Nationwide on Friday, March 25th:
Movie: Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules (PG)
Starring: Zachary Gordon, Devon Bostick, Rachael Harris, Robert Capron & Steve Zahn
Genre: Family Comedy
Synopsis: A kid thinks he has it all together now that he is in seventh grade and having figured out middle school. Yet, it seems his older brother has other ideas and things don’t work out well when their mother tries to force them to become closer.
First Thoughts: Could not care less.
Movie: Sucker Punch (PG-13)
Starring: Emily Browning, Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung, Oscar Isaac, Carla Gugino, Jon Hamm & Scott Glenn
Genre: Psychological Fantasy Adventure
Synopsis: A young woman locked away in a mental institution with a group of other girls retreats into a world of fantasy. She and the others are determined to really find freedom and decide to try an escape what awaits them here. They use everything in their virtual arsenal to try and survive.
First Thoughts: It looks badass. I’ve wanted to see it ever since I first saw the trailer. Also, it’s being released on IMAX.
Opening in Limited Release
- The 5th Quarter – Drama about a family that loses their youngest son and how it tears them apart until the older brother decides to dedicate his next season of college football to his brother and it inspires the team.
- The Lion of Judah – Animated family film about a group of animals trying to keep from being sacrificed in the week before the crucifixion of Christ.
- Miral – Coming of age drama set in East Jerusalem about a young girl as told through her diary.
- Peep World – Black comedy starring Michael C. Hall, Sarah Silverman, Rainn Wilson and Judy Greer about a Jewish family that comes together to celebrate the patriarch’s 70th birthday.
- Potiche – Screwball French comedy based on the hit comic play of the same name.
- White Irish Drinkers – Period drama set in 1975 Brooklyn about a family.
There are two new movies playing in my area this week. They are Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules and Sucker Punch. What will you be seeing this weekend?