There are seven movies opening this week. Two are opening everywhere and five more open on a limited basis.
Opening Nationwide on Friday, May 7th:
Movie: Babies (PG)
Starring: Four Babies
Synopsis: The filmmaker follows four babies from different parts of the world from birth to them taking their first steps. They are in Mongolia, Namibia, San Francisco, and Tokyo.
First Thoughts: The babies all look cute, but I don’t think I’ll be seeing this anytime soon.
Movie: Iron Man 2 (PG-13)
Starring: Robert Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke & Samuel L. Jackson
Genre: Sci-Fi Comic-Book Superhero Action
Synopsis: Everyone knows that the billionaire inventor Tony Stark is Iron Man. The government is pressuring him, along with the press and the public, to let the military in on his technology. Tony doesn’t want the information on his invention to get into the wrong hands, so he doesn’t want to do so. During this, he must make new alliances and fight off some powerful new foes.
First Thoughts: This is one of the movies I have most been looking forward to this year. Also, have been very interested to see how Don Cheadle taking over for Terrance Howard works. The movie is also playing in IMAX.
Movies in Limited Release:
- Badmaash Company – Workplace comedy set in 1990s India.
- Casino Jack and the United States of Money – Biographical political crime story that revolved around Indian casinos, the U.S. Congress and a group of con men out to fleece the government.
- Happiness Runs – Period drama about a young man that comes to the conclusion the the utopian ideals of the communion he grew up in aren’t all they are cracked up to be.
- Mother and Child – Ensemble drama starring Naomi Watts, Annette Bening, Kerry Washington, Jimmy Smits, Samuel L. Jackson, and others about three different women and how adoption has affected their lives.
- Multiple Sarcasms – Comedy drama starring Timothy Hutton, Mira Sorvino, Stockard Channing, Dana Delany, India Ennenga, and Mario Van Peebles about a man that decides to shed his life of convention by writing a play.
For New Movie Friday there are three new movies to choose from this week. They are Babies, Iron Man 2, and Multiple Sarcasms. Do any of this week’s new movies look good to you?