There are 10 new movie opening Friday. Two start everywhere and another eight are in limited release.
Nationwide – Movies Starting Friday, October 7th:
Movie: The Ides of March (R)
Starring: Ryan Gosling, George Clooney, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Evan Rachel Wood, Marisa Tomei & Jeffrey Wright
Genre: Political Thriller
Synopsis: A charming Democratic governor looks to be the next nominee as the Ohio primary gets closer. His idealist press secretary believes in the integrity of his candidate. But, after meeting with the opposition and meeting a young intern, he sets a chain of events in motion that could end his candidate’s chances.
First Thoughts: This looks like another winner in the year of the Gosling. What a phenomenal cast. I can’t wait to see this one.
Movie: Real Steel (PG-13)
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Dakota Goyo, Anthony Mackie & Evangeline Lilly
Genre: Sci-Fi Sports Drama
Synopsis: In the near future, the sport of boxing has gone hi-tech. A former boxer that never got his shot at the title is now a small time promoter. He pieces together robots from scrap and goes from one underground boxing venue to the next one. After hitting rock bottom, he teams up with his estranged son to build a real contender and take one last shot at winning it all.
First Thoughts: It’s the Rock’em Sock’em Robots movie, right? But, without paying for the name. Also, it’s available in IMAX.
Limited – Movies Starting Friday, October 7th:
- 1911 – Martial arts period drama directed and starring Jackie Chan.
- Blackthorn – Butch Cassidy’s final adventure.
- Dirty Girl – Comedy drama road movie set in 1987.
- Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone – Documentary about the band Fishbone.
- The Human Centipede 2 – Sadistic horror.
- Incendiary: The Willingham Case – Documentary.
- The Sons of Tennessee Williams – Documentary.
- The Way – Adventure drama starring Martin Sheen and directed by Emilio Estevez.
There are two new movies playing in my area this week. They are The Ides of March and Real Steel. Of the 10 new movies starting Friday, which are you looking forward to seeing this weekend?